Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My new addiction

For Christmas this year Corey's Dad and Valerie did not know what to get the kids for Christmas, so I suggested the wii. They are really hard to get so they just sent us the money and we set out to find one. We were at target and asked when they would be getting them in, and they said on Sunday. Well target opens at 8am, so at about 7:45 I asked Corey if he wanted to go try to get one. He said sure, why not. So off he went. When he got to the Target in Walnut Creek the line was all the way around the building. He thought for sure that he would'nt get one, but decided to try to park down below in the parking garage and go in the back entrance ( our Target has two doors you can enter the store through). Well when he drove down he saw only 5 people in line at that door, so when they opened up he went in, went up the elevator, and a lady asked if he wanted a ticket for the wii? ( you get a ticket at the front and then go back to the electronics to get one) He said yes, and got ticket number 164 out of 178. He just made it! While waiting to buy it he was talking to the person who had ticket 50 and they said they had been in line since 4:30 that morning! Silly people you just needed to go to the back door (:
And so that day my obsession began!
We have only had the wii for a week now and I am totally addicted to bowling. It comes with a sports game that has bowling, golf, baseball, tennis, and boxing. I bowl all the time. So much so that my right arm was so sore that I had to learn to bowl with my left hand.
It is a lot of fun. The first thing you do is to make a mii. It is your own character. You choose the face shape, eyes, hair, hair color, and name it. You can give your mii glasses, a beard, a mustache, a beanie, and even a beauty mark.
Here is my mii bowling
My addiction is so bad that I even bowl holding my sweet baby girl! She is so excited by this that she fell asleep!
My sister Jennie asked me yesterday if I let anybody else play too? And while I do bowl alot of games by myself, the boys and Corey play too. Here are my wonderful creative boys playing. Jackson has on his pj's with a pirate costume shirt and boots, a nemo costume hat, and reindeer ears, LOL!
Here he lost the reindeer ears, but kept the rest of the outfit! And Donovan has on spiderman.
If you have seen any of the comercials for the wii, there is one where a guy throws the controller through the screen of the t.v. . This can really happen!, so wear the wrist strap! Donovan already threw his. Luckily it just hit the wall, and not a person, or the t.v. ( how would I play then?)
So I am thinking that I need a support group for wii bowlers. Not for recovery, but for those who share the same obsession and want to support each other in the love for the game!









1 comment:

D-dawg said...

I, too, LOVE the wii! My brother that was visiting got it for Christmas and now he has gone home to Utah and I miss it. I'm going to have to get it for Dave for his Birthday or something. SO FUN!